A community health centre is searching for a strong leader and clinical counsellor for their Mental Health Supervisor position. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in a great community while continuing their career in the counselling field. Provide leadership to the counselling team plus individual and group counselling, advocacy, and educational workshops that will assist community members in wellness. Ideally suited for an experienced counsellor who is compassionate and approachable with exceptional leadership abilities. Offering a competitive salary with the opportunity for flex days and a comprehensive benefit package.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round; Monday to Friday – 8:30a to 4:30p.
- Wage starting in the range of $36.00 to $40.00 per hour based on experience with increases based on performance.
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental plan and RRSP contributions.
- Opportunity for flex days.
- Relocation funding for the right out of town candidate.
- Equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants to apply.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Strong skills in the counselling with a minimum of 5 years of counselling experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of related supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree in counselling is required.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional organization.
- Strong leadership abilities; motivate, mentor, coach and support team in a positive manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of counselling skills and therapeutic modalities.
- Ability to engage and build safe, trusting relationships with staff and community members; sensitive to community needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a positive, compassionate and non-judgmental attitude.
- Committed to the program and community and seeks a long-term position.
- Criminal record check and valid BC Driver’s License required.
- Facilitates goals and objectives for the Team in planning and evaluating services.
- Ensures services and standards of the counselling team are delivered in a culturally relevant and respectful manner.
- Provides intake for community members and assigns workload management to various members of the team.
- Provides counselling services (individual, family and group) to community members.
- Works with team to coordinate and deliver various training to community members.
- Provides administrative leadership for the counselling program including managing budgets and expenditures.
- Promotes the services of the counselling program through communication including public presentations, development of resources such as brochures and other communication tools.
- Documents and maintains case files in a professional and confidential manner.
- Serves as a role model in wellness.
- Represents the counselling team in the Health Center and professionally with other communities and community organizations.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile already please email us at email@example.com with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org