Website Whistler Personnel
- part-time, community-oriented position.
Looking for a fun, flexible and community-oriented opportunity? Look no further!
A local farmers market is seeking a Market Manager with exceptional multi-tasking, organization and relationship building skills! Overseeing this weekly event from booking vendors, taking care of the books, organizing contracts and agreements with a variety of stakeholders. Competitive wage and great opportunity for someone seeking part-time work in a friendly and community-oriented environment.
About the Role:
- 8 to 10 hours per week until December; additional hours may be negotiated.
- Prefer someone with a strong sense of the Pemberton community and market vendors.
- Must be available Fridays each week for the market and a flexible schedule is offered for administration time.
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- Great opportunity for someone seeking a flexible, part-time schedule.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Previous event management experience is an asset.
- First Aid and Food Safe certification is an asset.
- Strong organizational, administrative, time management and computer skills.
- Experience planning, sourcing, and executing large events or gatherings.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and conflict management skills.
- Ability to deliver the highest level of customer service throughout all aspects of the job.
- Self-motivated, friendly, and reliable.
- Passion for the local Pemberton community and agriculture.
- Ability to carry up to 50lbs and assist with moving tables and chairs.
- Manage an excellent and diverse mix of local vendors.
- Coordinate the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program.
- Organize market volunteers, as needed.
- Be attentive to market policies and procedures, and to relevant local, provincial and national regulations.
- Maintain website and communications with local government and market partners.
- Actively promote the market and its vendors.
- Encourage and support adoption/following of COVID 19 protocols by vendors and market attendees.
- Measure the success of market and communicate it to the larger community.
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure sound financial management and sustainability of the market, including effective administrative systems
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.