Website Whistler Personnel
- Incredible learning and growth opportunity
Have you been looking for the right kitchen in Whistler to settle into? We’ve got it! A boutique bistro in Upper Village is looking for experienced individuals for their Back Of House. This exceptionally bright, clean and spacious kitchen is filled with fresh & locally sourced ingredients and an entertaining, enthusiastic team of co-workers. The perfect candidate will have line cook experience, leadership skills and the right attitude.
This job offers a competitive salary with a flexible schedule and a generous gratuity bonus.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round with a flexible schedule that offers opportunities for a balanced lifestyle.
- Competitive salary negotiated based on experience and attitude plus a generous gratuity.
- Potential to learn from and grow your skills alongside fair, experienced, hands-on owners.
- Opportunity to contribute and be creative with the menu suggestions and daily specials.
- Access to the Spirit Pass program.
- Staff meal & other ‘perks’ for leadership roles.
The Perfect Candidate:
- A minimum of 2 years of line cook and grill experience in a professional full service kitchen.
- Kitchen Manager also needs at least 2 years of supervisory experience and a positive, open leadership style.
- Strong understanding of menu execution and a need for speed during busy times.
- Working alongside the management team to continue to grow and improve the business.
- A positive attitude and growth mindset – eager to learn and contribute.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Kitchen Staff will:
- Become involved with a small team and to be hands-on in a production role.
- Deliver farm to table principles centred on fresh, locally sourced produce.
- Consistently maintain cleanliness & safety of kitchen and production areas in accordance with Foodsafe guidelines.
- Ongoing optimization of kitchen area including inventory rotation and other kitchen standards.
- In addition to the above, Kitchen Manager will also:
- Manage schedules and labour costs. Ensuring productivity levels are maximized through the effective utilization of the team and yourself.
- Manage food & supplies inventory and ordering.
- Ensure the ongoing optimization of kitchen area including inventory rotation and other kitchen standards.
- Assist with interviewing, training, mentoring, supervising and developing of all culinary team members.
- Maintain cost controlling measures and perform budget/variance reviews.
- Work alongside the management team to continue to grow and improve the business.
How to Apply:
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please send us an email to let us know your resume is on file and that you’d like to be considered for the role email@example.com