Join this tight-knit and fun team in a Junior Accountant position that can grow your budding accounting career! Ideally suited for someone with accounts payable experience in a similar role who is looking for a flexible schedule and the opportunity to work within a great organization who provides a competitive wage, educational funding, lots of fun team-building events and extended health benefits.
About the Role:
- Choice to work either part-time or full-time.
- New vibrant and modern office with lots of windows and high ceilings.
- Typical schedule of Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 with some scheduling flexibility.
- Starting at $21 per hour based on experience with potential for increases based on performance.
- Opportunity to access educational funding to further career goals.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- Friendly, fun and easy-going office setting with a close-knit team.
- Lots of staff team-building events!
- 20 cm rule – opportunity to ski during morning on those awesome powder days!
The Perfect Candidate:
- At least 1-2 years of accounts payable experience with a keen attitude and wants to really grow into an accounting position.
- Some accounting and finance courses or degree in commerce very beneficial.
- Organized, great attention to detail; Able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office programs (word and excel).
- Primarily responsible all data entry and record keeping of Accounts Payable.
- Accurately entering supplier invoices into accounting software.
- Prepare and submit payroll.
- Ensuring the careful recording of the supplier records, invoices and payments.
- Some administrative task and support as required.
- Tactful and discreet when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Assist with accounting and operations department with tasks and projects as needed.
- Upholding company Core Values.
- Please take about 6 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting .
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!). If you haven’t heard from us in a week or so, please feel free to follow up on your application by emailing us at email@example.com