Our client is an established roofing company who designs, manufactures and installs commercial and residential roofing solutions in North America’s number 1 ski resort, Whistler! They are seeking an experienced Journeyman / Journeywoman roofer to join their team and enjoy an active lifestyle in this spectacular, year round mountain town. This company offers competitive wages and year-round, stable employment. We welcome out of town applicants and are open to assist with finding local housing.
About the Role:
- Full time, long term career position.
- Regular schedule of Mon – Fri, 8:00 – 4:30 plus option of overtime if desired.
- Salary is negotiable, based on experience.
- Paid vacation and overtime pay.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- Cell phone provided and access to a company vehicle.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Journeyman / Journey woman or equivalent.
- 5 years experience in construction / roofing industry.
- Leadership or project management experience, preferably in site construction.
- Experience with metal and/or torch on roof applications.
- Experience in estimating, reading plans, take offs and bid packages.
- Education / Certification in a construction related field desirable.
- Good physical condition and the ability to work at heights.
- Required to hold or switch to a valid BC drivers license.
- Provide technical and leadership skills necessary to oversee projects from take off to completion.
- Oversee all aspects related to roof installations including safety, housekeeping, and workmanship quality.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of construction workers and sub trades.
- Attendance at pre-construction and site meetings as required.
- Ensure all specifications, shop drawings and scope of work are met.
- Complete material take-offs, estimating costs of materials and labour using Plan Swift.
- Preparing bid packages, purchase orders and scopes of work.
- Maintain good working relationship with the team, subcontractors and regulatory authorities.
- Other duties as required.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- Or if you’d prefer to email your resume to us, you can send it c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like an update on your application or would like to setup at time to chat, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.