One of Whistler’s best boutique hotels nested in the heart of the village is looking seeking a Front Desk Agent (multiple positions available). Offering growth potential, competitive salary with opportunities for advancement, extended health and hotel/food discounts. Ideal for someone who has strong guest services skills who strives to exceed the expectations of all hotel guests and wants to work in a fun team environment.
About the Role:
- 40 hours per week, some flexibility is required for scheduling. Potential for part-time as well.
- Competitive starting salary with potential for increases based on performance.
- Extended health benefits plus subsidized season’s pass/bike park pass.
- Hotel and Food discounts.
- Potential for career advancement.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Delivers exceptional guest services with some previous experience in a similar position.
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent time management skills; works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with front desk POS systems and revenue management.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Second language an asset.
- Greeting and acknowledging guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Providing concierge services for guests and assisting them in building a memorable visit.
- Ensuring guest arrival and departures are handled in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Answer all inquiries promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information is given.
- Making reservations for future arrivals and ensure special attention to details are taken
- Assists guests in a friendly, efficient, professional manner in all guest services related functions and ensure that all staff do the same.
- Maintains a high standard of quality service and hospitality.
- Ensure all front office activities are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment and take corrective action and resolution.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Recommend and implement new operational standards and procedures for the department.
- Recommend changes that could improve service and increase operational efficiency.
- Ensure that all contact with guests are handled in a friendly and professional manner.
- Prepare work orders for housekeeping and maintenance departments when problems are reported by a guest.
- Completion of daily audit reports, credit card and sales reconciliations.
- Basic bookkeeping and administrative duties.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.