An innovative and highly regarded custom home builder has a couple of spots on their team for either Finishing Carpenters, Framers or Skilled Apprentices. Excellent wage range based on skills and experience (negotiable). This is a great opportunity to get in with a fun, professional great group of guys and enjoy 3-day weekends all summer long! .
**TRIAL SHIFTS are available if you’d like to meet the crew and visit the site before deciding if it’s a good fit for you.
About the Role:
- 4 x 10 hour shifts, 7am to 5 pm (3-day weekends); seasonal or year-round.
- Wages are negotiated based on experience – from $20/hr for carpenter’s helper to over $35/hr for experienced ticketed carpenters.
- Ext health plan available.
- We pride ourselves on working smart and efficient and enjoying what we to in a positive team environment.
- Innovative building methods and structures, opportunity to learn and gain experience.
- Work alongside an excellent team and company.
- Happy to sponsor workers for Canadian work permits or permanent residencies and support apprenticeships.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Carpenters – 4+ year’s industry experience with or without carpentry ticket (based on experience) and strong leadership abilities with experience supervising a crew.
- Carpenters Helpers – 1 to 2 years industry experience and strong desire to learn the trade.
- Experienced Apprentices – 2 to 3 years industry experience, currently involved in the apprenticeship program or a willingness to enroll in a program and a strong desire to learn the trade.
- Wood framing and steel framing experience is an asset.
- Basic hand tools and safety gear is an asset but not a requirement.
- A positive work hard to play hard attitude is a must on this team!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Starting out with Exterior Siding and Soffit and moving inside to doors casing and baseboard.
- Construct formwork into which concrete is poured.
- Build floors and wall frameworks (timber/concrete/metal), roofs and suspended ceilings and lay timber floors.
- Read plans and specifications to determine the materials required, dimensions and installation processes.
- Erect temporary structures to facilitate construction of buildings.
- Build ICF foundations.
- Wood framing of walls, floors and roofs.
- Install windows, sashes and doors.
- Cut materials with hand and power tools, and assemble or nail, cut and shape parts.
- Install door handles, locks, hardware, flooring underlay, insulating material and other fixtures.
- Be neat in appearance and workmanship.
- Be knowledgeable and able to implement safety procedures according to company and WorkSafeBC guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe worksite.
- Give us a call or email to set-up an interview or trial shift: 604 905 4194 ext 2 or email@example.com
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update after a week or two has past, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org