Website Whistler Personnel Solutions
Find the perfect match!
A successful building company has relocated their factory and head office to Squamish and has an opening for a full-time, year-round Controller on the team. Suitable for a designated accountant with a strong finance background, this career opportunity offers a competitive salary with benefits, year-round work and and a flexible schedule. Go to work everyday in a great position within a great team!
About the Role:
- Year-round, long-term steady work (no seasonal fluctuations).
- Mon-Friday, 8:30-5pm schedule ideally (some flexibility).
- Comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Salary in the range of $80,000 to $100,000 per year based on experience and designation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
- Willing to contribute to relocation costs for the perfect candidate.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Must have a CPA designation.
- Very hands-on and operationally strong with at least 5 years of accounting experience preferably in the construction industry.
- Experience in financial management and planning extremely beneficial.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent team leader with minimum 5 years of supervisory experience and positive energy who is open minded, flexible and approachable.
- A creative problem-solver who enjoys a fast-paced environment and thrives under pressure.
- Has a take charge, ‘make it happen’ approach and will deliver an immediate impact.
Duties / Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage a small accounting team including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Sales Order Entry and Reception.
- Manage the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the company’s goals and objectives, annual budgets and forecasting
- Prepare monthly journal entries, reconciliations and internal financial statements resulting in accurate consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for transitioning current accounting systems to a more advanced ERP system in the near future.
- Provide management cost reports.
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Create, modify or amend policy, procedures and accounting controls required for daily operation.
- Manage cash-flows, prepare weekly cash flow and working capital reports.
- Prepare tax filings.
- Manage financial year end and tax process, including communication with external CFO and Accountant, preparation of working papers and related analyses.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with banks, vendors, customers and internal business/clients.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of annual company budgets.
- Prepare insurance applications.
- Other projects and activities as directed by the EVP and CEO.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile →