Website Whistler Personnel
- Access to industry events
This successful event planning and design company is enjoying continued growth and has an opening for a full time event planner to join their close knit team. This position is suited for someone with previous event planning experience who has strong organisational abilities, and is client focused with proven sales skills. Offering a competitive wage based on previous experience with bonuses, extended health and dental benefits and plenty of industry events.
About this Role:
- Year-round; averaging 30 hours per week with potential of more hours during busy season.
- Salaried position dependent of years of experience plus a seasonal bonus structure.
- Be a part of an entrepreneurial journey from the beginning to the end.
- Mentorship by an Award-Winning Event Planner and Designer.
- Access to FAMS and industry events.
The Perfect Candidate:
- At least 2 years experience as an events planner or organizer with connections in the events industry as an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management or related field is an asset.
- Strong knowledge and ties to the community of Whistler is very beneficial.
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events).
- Strong desire to advance within a growing organization into a leadership role.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Client-oriented with sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships; able to generate and close sales leads.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Intelligent, self-confident, influential, and effective when interacting with others.
- Can jump right in to get the job done; has an “entrepreneurial spirit”.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and Google Suite.
- Proficiency in EventPro or a similar dedicated event management program would be considered an asset.
- Exhibits assertiveness, strong perception, and insightfulness with unquestionable business and personal integrity, discretion, and judgment.
- Exceptional work ethic who values execution over strategy.
- Learns new procedures and skills quickly.
- Event planning, design assistance and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- If you have already created a profile in our system, please send us a cover letter to email@example.com that highlights why you would make a great candidate for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update after a week or two has past, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org