Website Whistler Personnel
- Long-term career opportunity
One of Whistler’s iconic hardware stores who have been serving the community for nearly 25 years, is looking for a Hardware Department/Floor Manager to join their leadership team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with retail and leadership experience looking for a long-term career role. Offering a competitive wage package based on experience, extended health benefits and potential for upward promotion within the company.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round with growth potential.
- Competitive starting salary with incentives to top this up by reaching measurable goals.
- Extended health group plan (medical and dental) after probationary period.
- Supportive management providing a positive work environment and opportunity to flourish and be recognized and rewarded.
- In-house training, webinars, etc. are extensively available.
- Candidates with all levels of retail management experience are encouraged to apply.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Looking for an experienced self-starter, with abundant knowledge of the retail environment and dynamics.
- Past experience with hardware and the various departments in that category (plumbing, electrical, paint, etc.) would be beneficial but not required. Ideal candidate possesses this knowledge, or has a keen interest to acquire it.
- Strong leadership experience providing excellent customer service in a retail environment.
- Very career driven with ability to learn and grow/evolve in role to take ownership of the store and team; takes initiative, problem solver, results oriented.
- High energy, with a positive outlook and attitude: has a “lead by example” approach.
- Strong understanding of merchandising and inventory.
- Can develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, including corporate customers.
- Strong relationship building and communication with owners, managers and team.
- Prefer a long-term local with strong ties to the community.
- Grow, develop and improve the company.
- Supervise all main-level (5,500 sq.ft.) floor staff; ensure all staff are in adherence to company policies and position responsibilities.
- Provide strong leadership presence and control in the store, while ensuring that all customers receive the quality of service they need and expect.
- Ensure professionalism in all communications with staff, management and customers.
- Develop and maintain staffing schedule, review/approve staff vacation/time-off requests, ensure coverage for busy periods and days.
- Sufficiently train and encourage all staff to perform at their highest levels.
- Loss prevention and ensuring safety and health protocols are adhered to.
- Participate and take initiative for the weekly warehouse order for main floor.
- Participate and take initiative for all outside vendor/supplier orders for main floor.
- Probable future travel to physical trade shows (Toronto area) one to two times per year.
- Continuous product knowledge learning and sharing with team.
- Ensure main-floor inventory is presented for sale in a professional, neat and tidy manner.
- Create interesting displays through effective merchandising.
- Ensure high level of “Shopability”, ensure customer has positive shopping experience.
- Ability and desire to embrace new technologies as the retail landscape evolves.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at email@example.com with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.