A modern, busy and friendly dental clinic in Port McNeill, BC, located on Vancouver Island’s north-east shore on Queen Charlotte Strait, is looking for a Dental Hygienist to join their team! Offering a highly competitive wage based on experience, benefits, moving expense reimbursement and a signing bonus! Assistance with relocation and securing housing can be available to the right candidate. New graduates or soon to be graduates are also welcome to apply.
About Port McNeill, BC
- Thriving communities on the beautiful northeastern coast of Vancouver Island.
- An outdoor adventurist’s dream – hiking, camping, canoeing, kayaking, diving, fishing, spelunking, and wildlife viewing. Dense forests, tranquil lakes, spectacular views of Broughton Strait, and plenty of wildlife.
- More Information: Port McNeill
- Full-time, 4 days per week (3 day weekends!).
- Attractive wage at $50 to $60/hour depending on experience.
- Signing bonus for long-term and committed candidates.
- Dental and potential for extended medical benefits available.
- Potential continuing education allowance.
- Successful, independently owned local practice with a relaxed, friendly, family oriented environment.
- Leading edge tools and technology where patient comfort is the #1 priority.
- Assistance with relocation and securing housing available to the right candidate. Moving allowance will be provided to the right candidate.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Required to have a valid BC Dental Hygienist License.
- Out of province candidates will be considered but will have to register in BC prior to starting.
- Calm demeanor, friendly and welcoming to ensure patients feel at ease.
- Perfect for someone who enjoys an active lifestyle and willingness to embrace the Port McNeill community.
- Must be comfortable learning and using modern digital system and equipment.
- Should be friendly, independent, organized and efficient.
- Detailed understanding and practice of BC health and safety requirements.
- An organized, independent team member with excellent communication skills.
- Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection and dental charting.
- Taking dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth.
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides).
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing etc.).
- Performing documentation and office management activities as required.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.