Website BC Liquor Distribution Branch
- flexibility and great pay!
For the 11th straight year, the BC Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) has been recognized as one of the top employers in BC! And now is your chance to join them!
BC Liquor Stores are one of the largest distributors and retailers of beer, wine and alcohol in Canada. They also contribute over $1 billion annually to the Province of BC, providing funding for services like health care and education. Ideally suited for someone dedicated to the highest quality of customer service, delivered with friendliness, individual pride, initiative, and retail passion! If you fit this description and thrive in a fast paced environment, we encourage you to apply to become a part of the BC Liquor Stores family.
About the Role:
- Shifts will be split between locations in Whistler, Pemberton and Squamish.
- On-call availability is required.
- Government position in a unionized environment.
- Rate of pay starts at $19.07 per hour.
- PLUS 6% vacation paid out on every cheque PLUS an extra $0.77/hr in lieu of extended health benefits.
- Training is provided plus access to free online product knowledge courses!
- A great opportunity to learn about the exciting world of wines, beers and spirits.
- Lots of opportunity to grow a career within the excellent organization.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Dedicated to the delivering excellent of customer service.
- Friendly, has pride in their work and takes initiative.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment.
- At least 19 years of age and able to legally work in Canada.
- Aptitude for cashier and related duties, including calculations.
- Able to perform physically demanding work, including lifting 20 – 25 kg boxes.
- Requires a valid Serving it Right Certificate (can be obtained online).
- Keen to learn and give back to the community.
- Completion of formal wine or spirits product knowledge course such as WSET1, is an asset.
- Providing exceptional customer service.
- Processing payment and reconciling daily cash outs .
- Answering questions and handling inquiries.
- Assisting with store inventory and stocking.
- Ensuring the store is kept tidy and presentable.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.