We are looking for an experienced or new graduate CDA, or experienced chairside assistant, who would love to embrace a small mountain town lifestyle and join a general practice dental clinic in beautiful Pemberton, BC. Ideally suited to someone who is looking for a long-term career in a growing, well-established practice. Competitive salary PLUS a $1000 rent allowance, extended health benefits and a signing bonus!
About Pemberton, BC:
- Some of the best outdoor recreation you can find including extensive hiking and biking trails, back-country skiing and snowmobiling, plus beautiful lakes, campgrounds and golf courses.
- Vibrant small-town feel and a family friendly community.
- Located 25 minutes north of the world class skiing and biking in Whistler, BC with an easy commute to the office.
- For more information: Pemberton: Your Gateway to Adventure Video
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full time, career position with growth opportunities.
- Wages ranging $25-$26/hr plus $1,000/month housing allowance!
- $300 signing bonus after 3 months probation.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Very close-knit, supportive team environment.
The Perfect Candidate:
- A CDA (experienced or new grad) with a current Dental Assisting License.
- Some dental office/reception experience would be beneficial, though full
training is provided.
- Patient focused, with a warm and friendly demeanor.
- Energetic, dedicated and reliable professional who works well in a team
and as an individual.
- Strong knowledge and use of dental instruments and sterilization methods.
- Calm under pressure and cool in emergency situations.
- Must be comfortable learning and using modern digital systems and
- Attentive to detail, highly organized and efficient.
- Detailed understanding and practice of BC health and safety requirements.
- An independent team member with excellent communication skills.
- Fulfilling a broad variety of clinical chair-side dental assisting duties.
- Assisting with the front desk and administrative operations.
- Establishing strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical
- Educating patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, postoperative
instructions and treatment planning.
- Documenting dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintaining patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Preparing the treatment room and patient for dental treatments.
- Selecting and mixing proper materials for dental application.
- Providing diagnostic information through radiography and impressions.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Operating, cleaning, sterilizing and maintaining of dental equipment.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.