A BRAND NEW independent coffee shop/retail is opening soon in Whistler Village. Are you interested in a developing your own café atmosphere? If so, we are looking for an energetic, upbeat and friendly individual with leadership skills and barista experience. We are passionate about our product and hope to hire individuals who ‘love what they do and do what they love’. This developing location is looking for fun staff to create a good vibe and culture that compliments our style.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year round.
- Store hours will be 8am – 8pm (subject to change) and schedule will be quite flexible.
- Cafe will be located in a very busy retail location next to Olympic Plaza (in the heart of the action!)
- Friendly independent owners looking to build a family and community centred vibe.
- Compensation is based on experience (higher than average) + tips.
- Generous staff discounts on retail items.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Will have previous barista and/or food service experience preferred.
- Will be people orientated and be motivated to learn.
- An ability to provide excellent customer service and prepare quality beverages.
- Will bring a positive attitude to each day & to lead by example.
- Applicants must have flexible hours of availability (weekdays and weekends).
Duties can range from preparing food items, making espresso beverages, cashier/ordering processing, opening /closing preparation and general cleaning duties and will also be responsible for:
- Open communication.
- Accurate handling of cash, payments and point-of-sales terminal.
- Executing clear beverage standards.
- Maintaining sanitization schedules.
- Continuous learning in coffee; farmers, process, taste profiles, extraction techniques & more.
How to Apply:
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile/
- If you have already set up a profile with us, please send an introductory email to email@example.com.
All applicants for this position will be immediately forwarded to BC Liquor Stores for consideration. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org