Website Whistler Personnel
- Learning and growth opportunities within the craft brewing industry.
Do you have an interest in the craft brewing industry and have a desire to learn and grow? We are looking for a Brewery Operator to join the team at one of Whistler’s favorite breweries. Perfect opportunity for someone motivated with a strong attention to detail and great communication skills. Offering plenty of growth potential plus a good starting wage and the option for extended health benefits.
- Full Time, Year Round.
- Monday to Friday schedule, 8:30 to 4:30
- Wage range: $19.00 to $20.50 per hour.
- Option for extended health benefits can be discussed.
- Monthly beer allowance!
- 40% off of merch and food.
- RRSP matching options.
- Working within a positive environment with a great team and lots of fun!
- Plenty of opportunity to learn and grow within the industry.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Previous brewing and packaging experience is an asset.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and willing to jump in when needed.
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Experience operating a forklift or the willingness to learn to operate a forklift.
- Produce wort from raw materials according to prescribe recipes.
- Accurately transfer the correct quantity of yeast into the fermentation tanks.
- Review weekly production schedule and completing necessary tasks for the days ahead.
- Check the progress of fermentation and take appropriate action if required.
- Clean and sanitize the brewing equipment according to company SOPs.
- Accountable for accurate completion of brewing, fermentation and packaging reports.
- Organize and manage the inventory of malt, and hops. Responsible to report any shortages of inventory and/or be proactive in reporting low quantities of required materials.
- Perform accurate measurement and blending as per prescribed recipes to ensure product specs are met.
- Ensure filtered products meet quality control specs and are released to packaging on time.
- Identify and report any malfunctions of equipment that could potentially affect production of products or be a safety concern.
- Responsible for the setup, operation and shutdown of the can filling machine, bottle filling machine, and kegging machine according to SOPs.
- Responsible not to exceed the typical expected beer losses in all processes.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.