Are you detail orientated? Extremely organized? Great with customers? If so, we have an amazing full-time Assistant Branch Manager position in Squamish at a very successful store specializing in building materials. This flexible job offers a rewarding salary and great benefits and perks to a dedicated individual who is looking to elevate their career.
About the Role:
- Full-time, long-term leadership position *minimum 2 year commitment.
- Salary based on experience plus yearly bonus based on company sales.
- Flexible Monday to Friday schedule (store hours).
- Well-established industry leader with several locations across BC and Alberta.
- Lots of opportunity for career development and growth.
- Extended health including MSP with access to massage and physio treatments.
- 3 week paid vacation per year. Gym membership reimbursement as well as RRSP matching program.
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades and Leadership.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Experienced manager with strong organization skills.
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience in retail, construction or customer service.
- Drywall or construction background not necessary but would be an asset.
- Savvy computer skills as you will be learning new software and programs.
- Pleasant, easy-going attitude with an ability to multitask.
- Good communicator with superb customers service skills.
- Ability to ‘think in their feet’ and support co-workers in busy times.
- Supervise the setup and display of product within the branch, including sale and promotional inventory.
- Handle customer complaints and settling them in a satisfactory manner for both the company and customer
- Supervise, promote, and manage associates in accordance with company’s policies.
- Establish schedules for associates including hours of work, breaks, vacation, and time off. Ensure complete onboarding procedures for new staff is completed.
- Oversee product delivery to customers.
- Replenishment of product using the store inventory management system.
- Liaison with supplier representatives for in-store demonstrations, specials, and product training.
- Process sales invoicing and ensure that all inventory receiving is completed at month end.
- Conduct month end inventory counts as directed by Head Office.
- Maintain department inventories at appropriate levels for maximum turnover and profitability.
- Implement timely changes for retail prices & product bar codes on store shelves.
- Maintain and monitor special orders including the ordering, taking deposits, and contacting customers when products arrive from vendors.
- Establish price quotes for special orders for product from the branch in accordance with company policy.
- Open and close store using the store security system.
- Initiate and attend branch meetings on a regular basis to communicate policies and business developments to associates.
- Ensure that fleet maintenance is conducted as per the Company fleet program.
- Prepare reports on branch activities as requested by the General Manager.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Branch Manager or General Manager.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile/
- Take a moment to highlight your job-specific strengths here: www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/business-manager/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com