Website Whistler Personnel
- excellent career opportunity
We have an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic, energetic, and self-motivated Accounting Manager. This senior accounting position involves coordinating all financial service operations for a prominent property management company and is ideal for an experienced full-cycle bookkeeper, CPA student or CPA professional looking to take the next step in their career.
About this Role:
- Full-time, year-round, long-term career position with a flexible schedule.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- Excellent benefits including $1,000 recreation allowance (ski pass), extended health benefits, and 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Positive team atmosphere in the workplace.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 3 years’ experience in accounting or financial processing with experience in reconciling accounts.
- Dynamic, energetic, and self-motivated individual who understands customer service excellence.
- An open communicator who expresses their opinions.
- 1 year in hospitality or related service organization beneficial.
- Experience with multiple software platforms, including Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Excel experience with use of pivot tables, formulas and functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Financial program.
- Coordinating financial service operations for a prominent property management company with 130 units in 10 Whistler properties (for 10 Home Owners associations).
- Coordinating the preparation of monthly financial reports with external accountants and attending board meetings.
- Invoicing, reviewing night audits and adjusting where necessary.
- Preparing, posting and reconciling all deposits to the property management system.
- Preparation of cheques to vendors for distribution.
- Reconciling owner accounts through the Property Management System including invoicing annual maintenance fees to owner accounts, preparing collection statements, reviewing delinquent accounts and assessing interest on a monthly basis.
- Review statements for the owner rental program.
- Reconciling revenue accounts and creating revenue journal entries for external accountants.
- Creating revenue reports and reconciling source documents and GL accounts.
- Compile and present the Management Company Annual Budget.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budgets for each Home Owners Association.
- Work on other special projects as necessary.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile/
- If you have already created a profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and why you would make a great candidate for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update or to chat with a Career Placement Specialist about your application, please email us at email@example.com