Website Whistler Personnel
- great team to work with!
COVID-19 UPDATED: WE ARE STILL HIRING AND ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
One of Whistler’s most respected and largest employers has a full-time, year-round opening for a Junior Accountant to join their finance team. Offering a competitive wage, fun staff events, and the opportunity for growth. Ideal for a designated, hands-on accountant with at least 2 years of related experience. This is a great stepping stone to enhance your career in accounting with a company that often promotes within.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round position, 5 days per week.
- Salary will be competitive based on experience (open to negotiation).
- Fun team events (in the past this has included watching Ice Hockey in Vancouver, Treetop Adventure (TAG), RTV tours, and meals out).
- Spirit Pass is available plus 20cm + snow deferred start time rule (until 11am).
- Work with one of the biggest and most fun teams in town.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years of related hands-on accounting experience.
- Post secondary education in accounting or finance and/or CPA designation as asset.
- Good leadership skills including a proven ability to train, coach and mentor junior staff.
- Careful attention to detail, high quality of work and impeccable organization skills.
- Self-starter – ability to jump into the middle of problems and obtain effective results.
- Ability to make decisions in conjunction with multiple stakeholders.
- Works well with others and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tactful and discreet when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong computer skills particularly in the use of Excel, Sage 300, AccPac, Optimum (ideally).
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Supporting Finance leadership in day to day operations including coaching/mentoring Junior Accountants & Cash Auditors.
- Hand on day-to-day accounting role including monthly preparation & analysis of financial statements.
- Preparation of year end working papers for all businesses.
- Monthly completion & review of Balance Sheets for all businesses.
- Weekly AP/AR/Liquor inventory entry.
- Upholding company Core Values.
- Weekly meetings with operations management regarding budgets, pricing, cost levers and general analysis of maximizing revenues & minimizing costs.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at email@example.com with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.