This busy and exciting event company is looking for a Warehouse Manager to organize their current warehouse operations and to provide exceptional leadership to the team. Enjoy a year round leadership position working with some of the largest festivals and events in the Sea to Sky corridor. Ideal for an experience event or warehouse manager. Offers a very attractive salary plus bonus in the range of $70,000 for the right candidate.
About the Role:
- Full time hours with some flexibility and an opportunity to bank additional summer hours to be used for long holidays in the shoulder seasons or ski days in the winter months.
- Could also suit a seasonal candidate who works a winter job from Nov-April quite nicely.
- Very successful Pemberton-based event company offering lots of potential for career growth.
- Salary starting in the range of $60,000 based on experience and qualifications.
- PLUS seasonal performance-based bonus of up to $10,000.
- Backstage access to the hottest events and shows in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- Assistance securing local housing in Pemberton will be provided for out of town candidates.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Must have at least 2-3 years supervisory or management experience in a similar role.
- Really strong organizational and people management skills essential.
- Must be ready to hit the ground running and jump into the start of a very busy summer season.
- Must be very good at building procedures as well as training and leading staff.
- Good experience with managing inventory tracking and purchasing systems.
- Physically active and able to lift heavy loads (50 – 60 lbs) repetitively.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft & Windows).
- Valid BC Driver’s License with clean driving abstract required.
- Experience operating a truck and trailer and forklift an asset.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Managing & reorganizing the warehouse, optimizing storage space and accessibility, updating warehouse policies.
- Managing, tracking and updating inventory in our computer software.
- Create and document efficient warehouse procedures.
- Creating safety procedures that align with Health & Safety standards and conduct safety audits.
- Providing effective leadership and supervising warehouse employees; mentoring and disciplining.
- Managing the warehouse crew; creating task lists, delegating duties, ensuring efficiency.
- Following up on tasks with crew members and ensuring organization.
- Coordinating with the Logistics Coordinator to prepare loads for projects.
- Shipping & Receiving; ordering parts from suppliers, arranging shipping from suppliers and to customers, receive items and update inventory in computer software.
- Building Maintenance Coordination; summarizing and winterizing warehouse building.
- Vehicle Fleet Management; insurance, repairs and maintenance tracking and coordinating, reviewing damage reports and arranging repairs of various rental items.
- Notifying Logistics Coordinator of any charges to be billed to customers.
- Please send us an email at email@example.com summarizing your warehouse experience. Please include any details that make you an exceptional candidate (i.e. forklift operations, etc).
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile →