Website Whistler Personnel Solutions
Find a perfect match!
This busy and exciting event company is looking for a Warehouse Manager to organize their current warehouse operations and to provide exceptional leadership to the team. Enjoy an exciting year round position working with some of the largest festivals and events in the Sea to Sky corridor. Offering a competitive wage within $50,000-$55,000/year range based on experience.
About the Role:
- Full time hours with some flexibility for time off and an opportunity to bank additional summer hours to be used for ski days in the winter months.
- $50,000-55,000/year based on experience and qualifications.
- Seasonal and performance-based bonuses and tickets to various events/shows in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- Summers are particularly busy with orders outgoing and incoming.
- Winters are largely warehouse organization and updating.
- Pemberton based office.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Ability to perform in a physically demand positions ie: lifting 50 – 60 lbs repetitively.
- Valid BC Driver’s License with clean driving abstract.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft & Windows).
- Mechanical aptitude with some experience in electrical or carpentry is an asset.
- Experienced manager with strong leadership skills who is highly organized.
- Procedure development and inventory tracking experience.
- Able to work with a flexible schedule both weekly and seasonally.
- Experience within the tent/event industry with truck and trailer driving is an asset.
- Prior forklift operation is an asset.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Managing & reorganizing the warehouse, optimizing storage space and accessibility, updating warehouse policies.
- Managing, tracking and updating inventory in our computer software.
- Create and document efficient warehouse procedures.
- Creating safety procedures that align with Health & Safety standards and conduct safety audits.
- Providing effective leadership and supervising warehouse employees; mentoring and disciplining.
- Managing the warehouse crew; creating task lists, delegating duties, ensuring efficiency.
- Following up on tasks with crew members and ensuring organization.
- Coordinating with the Logistics Coordinator to prepare loads for projects.
- Shipping & Receiving; ordering parts from suppliers, arranging shipping from suppliers and to customers, receive items and update inventory in computer software.
- Building Maintenance Coordination; summarizing and winterizing warehouse building.
- Vehicle Fleet Management; insurance, repairs and maintenance tracking and coordinating, reviewing damage reports and arranging repairs of various rental items.
- Notifying Logistics Coordinator of any charges to be billed to customers.
- Please send us an email at email@example.com summarizing your warehouse experience. Please include any details that make you an exceptional candidate (i.e. forklift operations, etc).
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com