A very busy and successful property management company has an opening for a Travel Consultant to join their Reservations Team. Ideal for someone who has a background in Sales and is an expert at juggling tasks and keeping cool under pressure, all the while bringing a human touch to the guests’ booking experiences. A perfect career-building role with very good earning potential.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round position
- Flexible hours that may include some evenings and weekends.
- Recreation Pass Program that includes access to your choice of a gym, yoga, or ski pass.
- FAM (free trails) and discounts to experience Whistler activities
- Extended Health benefits plan and access to third party training and educational assistance
- $16/hour base wage plus monthly bonuses (typically between $1-$2/hour)
- Sales oriented with at least 1 year of sales-related experience.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outgoing and energetic with a consistently positive and professional attitude
- Prior telephone sales and customer service experience in the travel industry very beneficial.
- Comfortable and eager to connect with guests by phone with a highly polished phone manner
- Experience with service recovery and problem-solving
- Knowledge of Whistler area, Whistler Blackcomb products, and local activities a must
- Tech savvy; experience with a reservation or travel system as well as Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated organizational, follow-up and time management skills
- Completion of a Travel diploma or hospitality degree an asset
- Proficiency with numbers
- Keyboarding skills of at least 45 w.p.m.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to change.
- Be a consistent team player; Self-motivated, able to take own initiative and use sound judgment
- Patient at all times with guests and travel agents
Responsibilities / Duties Include:
- Booking guest reservations and selling vacation packages.
- Answering guest inquiries with timely and tailored responses by email and phone.
- “Holding our guests’ hands” through the process from initial inquiry to a confirmed booking.
- Sharing your informed passion about Whistler and our homes to give guests a great booking experience.
- Selecting the right vacation home for particular guest’s requirements.
- Handling inquiries from all sides, selling the company in a positive and inspiring manner.
- Suggest and plan the right activities, lift tickets and ski school for our guests’ requirements.
- Chasing down leads and closing deals.
- Ensuring accuracy of booking details and making sure guests have everything they need in advance of their stay.
- Other duties as required
- Ensure we have your current resume and profile on file here: www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work (you only have to do this once)
- Take a moment to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/office-admin