The beautiful, world-class Audain Art Museum are looking for a Security Supervisor to join their close-knit family. An ideal full-time, year round career position for a team leader with a security or law enforcement background. A flexible schedule, benefits and nice perks make this a real dream job.
About the Role:
- Warm and supportive family environment committed to supporting and celebrating the arts.
- Full-time, year-round career leadership position.
- Flexible schedule – some evenings and weekends required.
- Wage negotiable based on experience.
- Benefits/Perks include family membership at the Museum, extended health benefits, 3 weeks (6%) paid vacation, training and course allowance and access to a Spirit Pass.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Knowledge and prior experience in security or law enforcement.
- A team player who is helpful and eager to help where needed.
- Observant and pays close attention to details (a natural detective).
- Interest in art and/or museums very beneficial.
- Able to obtain Basic Security Training (BST) Certificate within 6 months of hiring.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR very beneficial.
- Criminal record check will be required prior to starting in the role.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Understands how to deal courteously with the public.
- Good communicator who is able to compose content for reports and related materials.
- Will exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with policies, guidelines and protocols.
- Physically fit, comfortable working on your feet for extended periods and able lift heavy loads, move boxes, tables and other items (up to 50lbs) as required.
- Lead the security team and ensure security protocols are adhered to by both the staff and public including during special events.
- Assisting Museum staff with event execution and pitch in where necessary.
- Training new staff, ongoing coaching, rolling out new initiatives and protocols to the team.
- Monitoring the galleries to prevent loss or damage due to theft, vandalism, fire, etc
- Observe and report any suspicious individuals or activities.
- Coordinate fire safety and building evacuation procedures for staff and visitors.
- Co-ordinate daily work activities, schedule and rotation of the team.
- Review, develop and implement security protocols and processes on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure appropriate incident reports, applicable paperwork and administrative tasks are completed.
- Maintain applicable security equipment.
- Assists management in facilitating access to the Museum and with exhibition installations, as required.
To Apply: Hiring process, interviews and candidate selection will begin the first week of January.
- Please do not contact the Audain Museum directly just yet.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in being considered for this role.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/