A wonderful Squamish-based company has an opening for a full-time Health and Safety Coordinator. This position works closely with the departmental leaders to balance compliance, education and practical knowledge in the field. Ideal for someone looking for their forever career with a company who offers great pay, excellent benefits and a friendly, family vibe.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round career position
- Typical office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm). This position can occasionally require overtime and Saturday hours.
- Amazing starting wage in the rage of $27-$30 per hour depending on experience.
- Full benefits with 100% coverage including MSP after 3 months and a company sponsored pension plan.
- Close knit team environment with many long-time employees who’ve been there 20+ years.
- Casual, youthful, friendly blue-collar operation with a family vibe that enjoys periodic staff lunches, events and parties.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Post-secondary certification in Occupational Health & Safety.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Health & Safety professional.
- Previous experience in mining, explosives, or concrete industry required
- Excellent organizational and planning skills. Able to work without supervision and is very self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all types of personalities.
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Able to lead safety meetings and present to leadership and employees.
- Can calmly and effectively deal with emergencies and delicate situations.
- Must have steel toed boots and appropriate work attire.
- Valid BC License and clean driving record. Travel during the work day to job sites will be required. Company vehicle is provided.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Performs site visits on a daily basis at both job sites and fixed plant locations (4 pits, 2 concrete plants).
- Supports a staff of 50+ employees in safe operations that meet regulatory requirements and corrects issues daily.
- Leads safety meetings and reviews safety initiatives with field employees.
- Conducts workplace and jobsite safety inspections.
- Assists in the development of health and safety performance measures, monitors and reports on performance.
- Conducts detailed incident investigations for injuries, property damage, near miss incidents and reports on findings including identifying causal factors and corrective actions.
- Please take a few minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and qualifications here (consider this a prelude to an interview): www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/health-safety/
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www,whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile →