Website Whistler Personnel Solutions
Find a perfect match!
Join one of Whistler’s largest hotels in this Reservations Coordinator position. This a great opportunity for someone who is detail-oriented and organized with exceptional customer service skills, who wants to be part of a company offering lots of opportunities for growth and advancement.
About the Role:
- Full time, long-term, 40 hours per week. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Salary in the range of $39,000 to $40,000 per year.
- Life and leisure package plus extended health benefits. Discounted monthly gym/swimming pass.
- Worldwide hotel discounts, food discounts in our outlets, free lunch each day worked.
- Free onsite parking.
- Offers a lot of growth and advancement opportunities.
The Perfect Candidate:
- At least 6 months experience in a similar role with strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills with experience using reservation software, MS Office Suite and Email.
- Motivated, self-starter who is highly organized and able to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; professional and personable and great communication skills in-person, via email and phone.
- Very strong problem solving abilities; able to handle stressful or difficult situations with tact.
- Answering all guest inquiries promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Booking room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
- Entering reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
- Communicating and working closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Building of groups in PMS. Book and block rooms using hotel standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
- Ensuring special handling of repeat and VIP guests.
- Completing the perfect fill process by verifying duplicate reservations and ensuring deposits are received according to the deposit schedule.
- Working closely with the Front Desk, Reservations and other required departments to completely satisfy the requirements of the booking parties.
- Assisting and supporting the Reservations Manager and the team with any initiatives required to ensure the ongoing success of the hotel.
- Assisting other office staff during periods of absence and down time.
- Providing a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/Reservations/
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org