Westcoast Outbuildings have an opening for a full-time, year-round Plumber on the team.
All work is done indoors and on new buildings. This job offers the option of working 4 x 10 hour days, giving you 3 days EVERY weekend!! Ideal for an experienced plumber or plumber’s apprentice with a positive attitude that is eager to be part of a great team and build a long-term career with an exciting company. Temporary positions are also available (a great opportunity to try before you buy!)
**IMPORTANT: Candidates must apply through Whistler Personnel to be considered for this role. Please do not contact Westcoast Outbuildings directly just yet (they are very busy!)
About the Role:
- Year-round, long-term steady work (no seasonal fluctuations)
- Flexible full-time schedule with opportunity to work 4 x 10 hour days.
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
- Mostly indoor work (99%) at centrally located factory in Squamish.
- Training and professional development opportunities available and encouraged.
- Offers Red Seal Certification program.
- Comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Wages are negotiable based on experience.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots plumbing systems of modular homes and outbuildings in compliance with the Canadian Plumbing Code
- Installs drains, venting and water distribution systems
- Plans layout and installation of plumbing equipment and fixtures based on project drawings, specifications, and the Canadian Plumbing Code
- Includes rough-ins, finishing work, installations, using tools and equipment.
- Site clean-up, moving and organizing of materials
- Assisting with manual labour and general construction duties as required.
Duties / Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, install and service plumbing systems, fixtures, piping equipment of new and renovated modular homes and outbuildings in an indoor factory.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or shop drawings to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Prepare layouts and patterns using measuring tools, including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work to measure and mark materials
- Installation of plumbing in modular units from rough-in to finishing
- Installation of water lines, drainage, fixtures and venting systems
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors.
- Cut an opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Occasional on-site work may be required.
- Instruct and supervise junior trades and labourers.
- Assist with site cleanup, moving as well as organizing and purchasing of materials.
- Assist with manual labour and general construction duties as required.
- Email email@example.com or call 604-905-4194 ext 2 to request an interview.
- Please ensure that we have your resume and professional profile on file at whistler-jobs.com/create-profile (you only need to do this once).
- **IMPORTANT: Candidates must apply through Whistler Personnel to be considered for this role. Please do not contact Westcoast Outbuildings directly just yet (that’s what we are for!)
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile →