A busy and successful locally owned and operated plumbing and heating company has a spot for 2 or more full-time Journeyman or experienced Apprentice Plumbers and/or Gas Fitters to join their team. They offer a variety of shifts to allow for time to play plus a competitive hourly wage, overtime opportunities, benefits program and other incentives. This position offers candidates the opportunity to work out of Pemberton, Whistler or Squamish and is ideal for an experienced plumber or gas fitter who is looking to be part of a great team with an opportunity for life balance in a beautiful setting.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round, long-term position.
- Competitive wage package including bonuses and incentives (to be discussed and negotiated based on applicants training and experience).
- Fully stocked truck, tools and phone provided.
- Extended health and group insurance plan available.
- Territory covered – Whistler, Pemberton, Squamish.
- Able to hire skilled foreign workers and support permanent residency applications.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Friendly, outgoing customer service focused professional who is self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Great attention to detail with a desire to perform high quality workmanship.
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose issues within their field.
- Articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with both computer and mobile phone as dispatching and all documentation regarding work orders is app based.
- Experience with a wide variety of plumbing and/or gas work including residential and commercial repairs, service and installations.
- Able to operate independently, offer suggestions and work without direct supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Clean driving record and experience with driving larger vehicles.
- Basic small tools (larger tools, cell phone and vehicle will be supplied).
Responsibilities/ Duties Include:
Technicians will perform some of or all the following duties:
- Gas and plumbing service calls as dispatched.
- Clear communication of job details to customers and answering phone calls from customers when required.
- Maintaining clear written records using the dispatch application.
- Managing small commercial and residential renovation projects.
- Working as part of a team on larger projects.
- Estimating jobs and ordering materials and supplies.
- Instructing/mentoring apprentices.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a brief outline of your job-related experience and skills and let us know you’d like to be considered.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update after a week or two has past, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →