A busy and successful locally owned and operated plumbing and mechanical company is seeking motivated individuals of all experience levels to join their growing team. If you are an experienced plumber/gas fitter looking for a change or are fresh out of school and have thought that a trade might be for you, this is your chance!
They are currently seeking journeyman and apprentice plumbers interested in working in Whistler, Pemberton, Squamish or Vancouver North Shore but also welcome candidates with no previous on-site experience as their team has the ability to lead new recruits through their entire career from inexperienced workers to full-fledged journeyman. Ideal candidates of any level should be dependable, organized, conscientious, work well in a team environment, and pride themselves for thinking outside the box.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year round long term position
- Competitive wage package including bonuses and incentives (to be discussed and negotiated based on applicants training and experience)
- Fully stocked truck, tools and phone provided
- Extended health and group insurance plan available
- Territory covered – Whistler, Pemberton, Squamish and Vancouver North Shore
- Able to hire skilled foreign workers and support permanent residency applications
The Perfect Candidate:
- Friendly, outgoing customer service professional who is self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills, especially over the phone.
- Able to operate independently, offer suggestions and work without direct supervision.
- Red Seal plumbing qualification required for Journeyman applicants.
- B level gas fitter’s ticket (prefer A level).
- Cross Connection Testing Certificate.
- Experience with a wide variety of plumbing and gas work including residential and commercial repairs and installations.
- Ability to instruct and supervise apprentices by coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to estimate and oversee small renovation projects.
- Safety conscious.
- Clean driving record and experience with driving larger vehicles.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic small tools (larger tools, cell phone and vehicle will be supplied).
Responsibilities/ Duties Include:
Journeyman will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Gas and plumbing service calls as dispatched
- Managing small commercial and residential renovation projects
- Instructing/mentoring apprentices
- Meeting with customers
- Maintaining clear written records using our dispatch application
- Working as part of a team on larger projects
- Estimating jobs and ordering materials and supplies
- Answering phone calls from customers when required
Apprentices will be mentored by senior staff and will perform some or all the following duties:
- Install plumbing fixtures and systems, including; Cast Iron, System 15, Soldered and Grooved copper, Black iron pipe, and more
- Fixture Installation, HWT Installation, DWV work, Gas work
- Pack, sort and count material
- Drill holes in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please email email@example.com a brief outline of your job-related experience and skills and let us know you’d like to be considered.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update after a week or two has past, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →