A successful building company has relocated their factory and head office to Squamish and has an opening for a full-time, year-round Administration/HR Coordinator on the team. Ideal for a sharp administrator with excellent people skills who has some experience in Human Resources. Competitive starting wage in the range of $20-$23/hr based on experience plus comprehensive extended health benefits.
About the Role:
- Year-round, long-term steady work (no seasonal fluctuations).
- Mon-Friday, 8:30-5pm schedule ideally (some flexibility).
- Comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Starting wage in the range of $20-$23/hour. Must have some prior design or construction experience to qualify for the higher wage rage.
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Strong organization and administration skills particularly with record keeping and correspondence.
- Experience in human resources.
- Polite, pleasant manner over the phone and in person.
- Construction experience plus basic design and construction knowledge preferred,
- Ability to understanding construction drawings and work with design software.
- Strong computer skills including with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Must be an independent self-starter who can learn quickly and take ownership of projects.
- Meticulous and thorough with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong English communication skills including written, spoken and comprehension.
- Friendly and helpful attitude. Able to work well in a team setting with a positive, can-do attitude.
Duties / Responsibilities Include:
- Be ‘the face’ of the company, working at reception, dealing with inquiries, greeting guests.
- Complete and file applications for permits including preparing blue prints and design documents.
- Assist with meetings including note taking, organizing food/beverage.
- Coordinate and book travel arrangements for staff.
- Assistant to the owners of the company offering administrative support and taking on projects as needed.
- Handle sending out packages by courier, arranging calendars for executives, picking up mail from post box and other office administration duties.
- Recruit for new employees, create job ads and coordinate interviews.
- Keep employee records, TD1/TD1BC, deposit information.
- Manage employee benefit packages, information, agreements, performance reviews and purchase requests.
- Manage apprentice information, updating hours and being the main point of contact for ITA.
- Process all WCB claims.
- Track employee holidays, stats, & birthdays.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Payroll – enter time sheet information into Quickbooks Online system and send out pay stubs.
- Run weekly HR meeting with all staff.
- Employee orientations and on-boarding; creating all employee packages and ensuring they are completed, keep records.
- Coordinate staff events.
- Please ensure that we have your resume and professional profile on file at whistler-jobs.com/create-profile (you only need to do this once).
- Take 8 minutes to highlight your job-specific qualifications here: whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/office-admin
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org