A successful building company has relocated their factory and head office to Squamish and has an opening for a full-time, year-round Office Coordinator on the team. Ideal for an sharp administrator with excellent people skills. Competitive starting wage in the range of $20-$23/hr based on experience plus comprehensive extended health benefits.
Try-Before-You-Buy! If you’d like to try a few shifts with this company before you decide if it would be the right fit for you, we can sign you up for two week’s worth of temp shifts with them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this unique opportunity.
About the Role:
- Year-round, long-term steady work (no seasonal fluctuations)
- Mon-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm schedule ideally (some flexibility)
- Comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Starting wage in the range of $20-$23/hour. Must have some prior design or construction experience to qualify for the higher wage rage.
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Strong organization and administration skills particularly with record keeping and correspondence.
- Polite, pleasant manner over the phone and in person.
- Construction experience plus basic design and construction knowledge preferred,
- Ability to understanding construction drawings and work with design software.
- Strong computer skills including with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Must be an independent self-starter who can learn quickly and take ownership of projects.
- Meticulous and thorough with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong English communication skills including written, spoken and comprehension.
- Friendly and helpful attitude. Able to work well in a team setting with a positive, can-do attitude.
Duties / Responsibilities Include:
- Be ‘the face’ of the company, working at reception, dealing with inquiries, greeting guests.
- Assist with basic HR duties such as placing job ads coordinating interviews and the on-boarding of new employees, maintaining of apprenticeship records etc.
- Complete and file applications for permits including preparing blue prints and design documents.
- Assisting with meetings including note taking, organizing food, beverages, etc
- Coordinate and book travel arrangements for staff.
- Assistant to the owners of the company offering administrative support and taking on projects as needed.
- Handle sending out packages by courier, arranging calendars for executives, picking up mail from post box and other office administration duties.
To Apply is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Please ensure that we have your resume and professional profile on file at whistler-jobs.com/create-profile (you only need to do this once).
- Take 8 minutes to highlight your job-specific qualifications here: whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/office-admin
- Email email@example.com to request an interview time.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org