This is a key senior leadership position at one of Whistler’s beautiful full-service hotels. Ideally suited for a progressive and proactive Human Resources professional who can lead and support managers in recruiting, on-boarding, training, rewarding, developing, retaining and inspiring their teams. Very competitive salary with excellent benefits and perks including extended dental/medical, spa and restaurant discounts and a lifestyle bonus make this an excellent career-building and lifestyle position.
About the Role:
- Full time, year-round senior leadership career position.
- Generally, a Monday through Friday schedule with some flexibility (able to choose mid-week days off).
- Competitive salary in accordance with experience and qualifications (negotiable).
- Company benefits including vacation pay, annual increases, extended medical/dental after 6 months.
- Great perks including spa and restaurant discounts.
- Active lifestyle bonus, ski pass financing, gym pass and access to yoga and personal training.
- Staff rewards and recognition program.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 2 years of experience in a Senior HR Advisor/Manager role with at least 1 year within Human Resources.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain open and positive relationships with employees.
- Solution-focused with proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong people management skills and able to problem-solve effectively without judgement.
- University degree within hospitality management, business or human resources preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of BC Employment Standards and health and safety guidelines.
- Proven experience in overseeing and managing employee relations issues
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
Summary of Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Supporting employees and managers from recruiting and onboarding through to exit interviews.
- Maintaining positive and respectful relationships between the management team and employees.
- Manage the recruiting and onboarding of employees including job postings and description, screening of resumes, responding to inquiries, preliminary interviews for senior roles.
- Facilitating employee orientation and training alongside management team
- Updating and distribution of Employee Handbooks and Newsletters.
- Support managers with employee reviews and conduct exit interviews.
- Oversee the analysis, development, and writing of policies, procedures, and best practices as well as assisting with training and career development opportunities for all employees.
- Manage staff housing and act as the point person for all staff with regards to staff perks, benefits and general inquiries.
- Manages PNP applications, temporary foreign Worker programs and other international recruitment.
- Analyze HR metrics and benchmarking for continuous organizational improvement.
- Keep current with and ensure adherence to labour standards, health and safety, human rights acts and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Co-Chair the Joint Occupational Health and safety committee and provide occupational health and safety training to new hires as required.
- Support Supervisors & Managers on any employee relations issues including progressive discipline and terminations as well as any discrimination or harassment issues.
- Oversee and administer employee recognition, perks and benefits programs including extended medical benefits, peer recognition programs and employee pass programs.
- Adhere to department budget.
- Attend monthly HRD meetings with community-based HR Managers & Directors to keep abreast of current community HR information and trends.
- Adhere to and enforce all established hotel and personnel policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Email us at email@example.com with a cover letter that outlines your experience and why you are a good fit for this position and;
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile →