Website Whistler Personnel Solutions
Find a perfect match!
One of Whistler’s exclusive boutique resorts has an opportunity for either a Lead Maintenance Technician or a Facilities Manager. Amazing perks, full benefits, team environment with a great company plus a flexible schedule make this an ideal long-term career position.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round position.
- Flexible scheduling 40 hours a week – a combination of daytime and evening shifts to allow for maximum time to play.
- Competitive starting wage reflective of experience plus other perks for the right candidate.
- Lead Maintenance role will be in the range of $22-$25/hr to start.
- Facilities Manager role will be in the $30+/hr range to start.
- MSP and full extended health benefits.
- Wellness allowance equal to $1,320 per year which can be used towards a ski pass, discounted gym/spa pass or other leisure activities.
- Travel perks and discounts to world-class Fairmont Hotels all around the world.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Strong maintenance background and problem solving ability.
- Maintenance Lead = minimum 2 years of related experience;
- Facilities Manager = 5-10 years in a hotel or resort maintenance position plus 2+ years in a management or supervisory experience.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Experience in a variety of trades such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, AV, HVAC or masonry.
- Previous experience with maintaining pool and spa.
- Must be physically able to perform the regular duties of the role including standing, walking and lifting for long periods.
- Must have strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency including strong knowledge MS Office programs is required.
- Must have a passion for guest service.
- Ability to take initiative and work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Available to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Providing exceptional guest service, continually exceeding expectations, and anticipating owners and guests needs.
- Manage day to day maintenance activities and perform ongoing maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance.
- Service and repair duties of homes and public areas including basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, HVAC and masonry.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance program for residences, public areas and safety systems.
- Supervise contractors on site and resident assistants to ensure standards are met. Train and coach as required.
- Maintain accurate records of daily transactions.
- Monitor home and shop inventories to assist in purchasing and inventory control.
- Monitor, update, and implement the fire safety plan, building evacuation plan and disaster recovery plan.
- Inspect facilities, grounds, infrastructure and equipment to ensure conformance with operational standards and national codes.
- Ensure that pools and hot tubs meet maintenance and safety requirements.
- Monitor energy and water management programs providing input and records for CRS program.
- Direct snow removal contractors and ensure parking lots, driveways, and walkways are kept safe and clear of snow at all times.
- Monitor home and shop inventories to inventory control. Procure and maintain inventory required according to purchasing policies.
- Effectively use Microsoft Office software applications.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Facilities Manager would also be responsible for:
- Managing the entire maintenance department including staff, supplies, inventories, capital projects and budgets.
- Managing training and supervising a team of housepersons.
- Managing contractors and maintenance contracts including getting quotes, awarding contracts, directing and supervising work.
- Managing capital improvement budgets and projects.
- Managing health and safety and green initiatives for the entire property.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please take a few minutes to highlight you job-related skills and experience here (think of it as a prelude to an interview): www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/maintenance/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update after a week or two has past, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/ →