Are you looking for a fun and positive team energy and a great place to grow your culinary career? while also enjoying the Whistler lifestyle? One of Whistler’s favorite village restaurants that serves irresistible food is now hiring . As a Junior Line Cook, you will be taught from the best in the biz. If you are committed to growing they will commit to training use wit one of the industry’s leading training programs – giving you an opportunity to become not only a Red Seal Chef but also a master of culinary excellence. Flexible schedule and pay is in the range of $16 – 18.50 per hour including a generous tip pool.
About the Role:
- Work with a fun team and learn from a highly qualified and acclaimed Head Chef.
- Newly renovated restaurant and kitchen.
- Flexible, full-time flexible hours with AM and PM shifts available.
- Excellent formal training program perfect for a junior apprentice with the passion for cooking and learning the trade.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 1-3 year’s related kitchen experience with a passion and commitment to learning.
- Outgoing and motivated.
- Some schooling or professional training beneficial.
- Experience following recipes and guidelines.
- Work efficiently in a non- supervised environment.
- Good knife skills and basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and appliances
- Food Safe and WHMIS certification very beneficial or can be provided.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Cook and prep for a high volume restaurant.
- Maintain a clean, neat and presentable appearance, especially in view of guests.
- Proper use and knowledge of all foodstuffs, equipment, chemicals, and procedures.
- Maintain high personal standards; Wear proper attire and work in a safe, clean, efficient organized manner.
- Oversee work done by other junior members of the kitchen staff under your direction while on shift.
- Maintain and enforce the highest standards of quality, service, and appearance of food items that leave the kitchen
- Work in a timely manner as much as is humanly possible and be cognizant of the importance of every food item served to every client.
- Work with a helpful, team-spirited attitude towards service staff, dishwashers, and other co-workers.
- Communicate between shifts and with supervisors to ensure adequate product levels and consistent food quality.
- Be aware of proper rotation of all foodstuffs and help with storage of incoming product.
To Apply: *Please contact ASAP if you are interested as we are moving quickly to fill this role!
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please take 5 minutes to highlight your skills and experience on this summary of qualifications: www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/kitchen
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update after a week or two has past, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile →