One of Whistler’s longest standing construction services companies has an opening for an Accounts Payable Clerk. It’s a wonderful junior bookkeeping role perfect for someone looking to grow a budding accounting career.
About the Role:
- Full-time, Year-round, Permanent *temp opportunity also available
- Regular office hours (Mon- Fri, 8am-4pm generally with some flexibility)
- Starting in the range of $18-22/hour depending on years of bookkeeping experience and education.
- Friendly, easy-going office setting with a close-knit team.
- Extended health coverage, vacation pay plus educational assistance for the right candidate
The Perfect Candidate:
- At least 1 year of basic bookkeeping or accounts payable experience.
- Some accounting and finance courses or degree in commerce very beneficial.
- Organized, great attention to detail; Able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office programs (word and excel)
- Primarily responsible all data entry and record keeping of Accounts Payable
- Accurately entering supplier invoices into accounting software
- Ensuring the careful recording of the supplier records, invoices and payments.
- Some administrative task and support as required.
- Assist with accounting and operations department with tasks and projects as needed.
Temp Opportunity: Accounts Payable Clerk
This full-time or part-time 5-6 week position to cover the role while we are working with the company to find the perfect long term candidate. There is an opportunity to stay on permanently with the company after the temp assignment for the right candidate.
- Start Date: week of March 12 , 2018 for training then start the following week 3-5 days per week.
- Schedule: flexible, 3-5 days per week based on your availability, midweek between 8am-4pm ideally
- Duration:1-2 months to start with a potential for permanent for the right candidate.
- Wage: $20/hr to start and increasing to $22/hr after 10 successful shifts (be on time, work hard, make our client happy).
- Location: Nesters area
If you are interested in either the long-term or the temporary roles, please let us know ASAP:
- Please take about 6 mintues to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting .
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!)