Whistler Personnel is still growing quickly and looking for another fabulous new addition to our core team. Our Human Resources & Talent Coordinator or Manager role is ideal for someone who enjoys a variety of HR, events, marketing and administrative tasks and likes the idea of a super flexible schedule including opportunities to work from home.
We have big dreams for the future and are looking for someone as passionate and committed as we are to making them come true.
About the Role:
- Part-time to start with lots of full-time potential down the road (we are growing quickly).
- The role and the successful candidate will grow alongside Whistler Personnel (more hours, increasing responsibilities).
- Ongoing training and coaching will be provided.
- Schedule requires flexibility and availability to work during ‘office hours’ around 3 mornings a week.
- Opportunity to work from home or at our office (or a little bit of both!)
- Opportunity to manage either our Trades or Culinary Divisions if it fits with past experiences.
- Additional work as a temp for WPS clients will be available often (as much as you can handle).
- Competitive wage starting in the range of $18 – $20/hour for a coordinator or higher for a manager.
- Opportunities for bonuses, profit sharing and advancement.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Excellent communication and people skills (hint: this is the most important qualification!)
- At least 2 years in an admin, marketing or human resources role.
- People management skills and experience are essential.
- Prior supervisory experience in hotels, restaurants or construction an asset.
- Experience coordinating teams and events is very beneficial
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and lots of good ideas
- Demonstrated social media and marketing talents
- Not afraid of the ‘cold call’ and picking up the phone to talk to people (candidates, employers, references etc)
- Experienced with Google Docs, MS Office and comfortable learning new software programs (computer savy).
- Has own computer with MS Office, cell phone and comfortable home work space.
- Very detailed oriented and grammatically correct in written correspondence (can catch our spelling mistakes for us!)
- Enjoys working independently, a good prioritizer and self-starter
- Assisting with the screening, hiring and scheduling for permanent career positions and our temporary workers for weekly jobs and big events.
- Working with our clients to find a perfect candidate to match their business needs.
- Recruiting, screening, interviewing, skill testing and evaluating candidates.
- Posting creative, eye-catching job postings to social media and countless job boards.
- Creative social media marketing for some of our clients.
- Client and candidate communications (lots of emails and phone calls!)
- Lots of administrative duties including database updates, client newsletters and job alerts.
- Contributing ideas and recommending process improvements to make the business more effective and efficient for our clients and candidates.
Culinary Division Manager
- Manages our very busy Culinary Division.
- Recruits and places full time and temporary candidates for all food and beverage positions from dishwashers to chefs to Directors of F&B.
- Works closely with our recruiters to build and maintain a robust database of culinary candidates and temporary workforce.
- Maintains strong direct relationships and communications with our culinary clients and deeply understands their needs.
- Occasionally steps in to work one temporary shifts with new clients to get a first-hand look at their operations.
- Assists with the building of the Culinary Division client base.
Trades Division Manager
- Manages our very busy Trades Division.
- Recruits and places full time and temporary candidates for all construction and skilled trade related positions from apprentices to journeymen to project managers.
- Works closely with our recruiters to build and maintain a robust database of trades candidates and temporary workforce.
- Maintains strong direct relationships and communications with our construction and trades clients and deeply understands their needs
- Occasionally steps in to work one temporary shift with new clients to get a first-hand look at their operations.
- Assists with the building of the Trades Division client base.
- Please send us your information via the our online application using the Apply for job link below (you only need to do this once).
- Take a little extra time to send us a cover email to email@example.com that highlights your job-specific qualifications and tells us why you think you would be successful in this role (and don’t forget the attention to detail thing).
- And be sure to tune into www.facebook.com/whistlerpersonnelsolutions/ for updates and to see what we are up to.