Take the next step in your hospitality management career with this progressive and well established property management company as their Guest Services Manager. This full-time, year-round leadership role is perfect for a guest services professional who is looking to lead their own team and deliver outstanding service. Competitive salary and generous benefits package including RRSP match, Ski / Rec Pass and extended health.
About the Role:
- Full-time / Year-Round. Minimum 2 year commitment ideally.
- Flexible schedule with mid week days off.
- Competitive base salary in the range of $45,000 based on experience plus incentives.
- Generous benefits package including Ski/ Rec Pass, extended health, RRSP match plus many perks.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Strong guest service skills, a passion for hospitality and a positive attitude.
- College degree in business or hospitality management is highly desirable.
- Minimum three years’ experience in hotel operations with some supervisory experience in a busy property.
- Must be strong administrator, highly organized and good at multi-tasking.
- Excellent leadership, training and communication skills.
- Cool headed thinker able to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in outlook and excel.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English, additional languages are an asset.
- Reporting to the Director of Hotel Operations, the Guest Services Manager is responsible for all aspects of the guest experience .
- Overseeing the day to day operation of up to four 24 hour Front Desks, you will manage, train and direct front line employees to achieve consistent service excellence.
- Ensure the front desk operation is functioning according to company policies and procedures.
- Hire and motivate employees. Ensure all employees are trained and knowledgeable in providing premium guest services and that all work is being completed in a timely and accurate manager.
- Check for accuracy of all daily/monthly reports and tasks completed by front desk.
- Oversee scheduling and payroll for front desk staff. Adjust scheduling as needed in relation to occupancy forecasts and changes
- Deal efficiently with customer complaints. Develop and maintain an effective and financially prudent service recovery model and process that will ensure all financial goals are maintained with 100% guest satisfaction as the overall objective.
- Follow up to guest stay survey feedback and online reviews.
- Establish and generate new ideas that will generate service improvements and/or profits for the company.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies as needed for the departments. Oversee uniform delivery and maintenance.
- Conduct employee reviews, performance evaluations and ongoing training.
- Liaise with other departments and company management team on an ongoing basis as required.
- Work front desk shifts as required.
- Cover the overnight Manager on Duty shift (7pm-7am) on a rotational basis, nightly rate applies.
- Other tasks as required by the Director of Hotel Operations.
- Please send us your information via the our online application using the Apply for job link below (you only need to do this once).
- Take a little extra time to highlight your job-specific qualifications and tells us why you think you would be successful in this role (and don’t forget the attention to detail thing) here: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/property-management