Executive Chef required for a beautiful destination resort located on 12 forested acres just outside Whistler. Perfect for a passionate Senior Chef who can embrace the farm to table freshness of growing most of the produce on the property. Competitive salary, attractive benefits and housing is available.
About the Role:
- Senior leadership position leading a small team at an intimate resort catering to weddings, large groups and corporate retreats.
- Full time in alignment with guest bookings and events. Peak summer hours require about 50 hours a week with less during shoulders and slower weeks. Additional hours are often required to support peak business (must be flexible).
- Competitive salary negotiated based on experience.
- Generous benefits including 3 weeks of vacation and $2,000 flex health benefits to spend on whatever you need.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Sincere passion for creating amazing food that nourishes and elevates our guest experience
- Minimum 2 years of previous leadership experience in a high-end service restaurant and/or catering required.
- Inspired by the idea of working with their own supply of fresh veggies.
- Kind-hearted leader and positive and loyal team player. Able to encourage results and cooperation across departments.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and manage high volume/peak periods.
- Well-developed communication & interpersonal skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced event-based working environment.
- Courage to innovate and familiar with trends and leading techniques.
- A natural leader, coach and mentor.
- Superb planning, time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of F&B control systems, food cost, labour forecasting, and health and safety standards.
- Must have a reliable vehicle to get to and from site on a regular basis.
- Journeyman/Red Seal Certification an asset.
- Ability to routinely carry up to 50 lbs. This role requires repetitive lifting and ongoing physical motion (walking, bending, carrying)
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Part of a small team, the Chef is a hands on production role, with the added components of strategy and leadership.
- Delivering on farm to table principles centred around the fresh produce from a geodesic growing dome and surrounding gardens.
- Providing a food program that is innovative and high-end without being fussy.
- Maintaining the highest level of culinary excellence for all groups, inclusive of those with dietary restrictions and special requests
- Menu development, both creatively and technically (inclusive of costing) and introduction to F&B service teams.
- Work with the Events Manager and directly with clients when menu customization is required.
- Deliver consistent presentation, volume and quality standards for all meals and snacks.
- Manage schedules and labour costs. Ensuring productivity levels are maximized through the effective utilization of the team and yourself.
- Sourcing high quality ingredients locally, ethically and organically whenever possible
- Manage food & supplies inventory and ordering well in advance of events.
- Consistently maintain cleanliness & safety of kitchen and production areas in accordance with Foodsafe guidelines. Deep clean of kitchen a minimum of every 90 days.
- Ongoing optimization of kitchen area including inventory rotation and composting system.
- Kitchen equipment maintenance and upkeep as per the manufacturer guidelines.
- Interviewing, onboarding, orientating, mentoring and developing of all culinary team members.
- Special projects as required: growing dome, kitchen re-design etc.
- Ongoing cost controlling measures and budget/variance reviews.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please take a few minutes to highlight you job-related skills and experience here (think of it as a prelude to an interview): whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/chef/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update after a week or two has past, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile →