A wonderful family-run retail painting business is hiring an eager-to-learn apprentice! This is a rare career opportunity for someone friendly, outgoing and has an interest in learning the trade from a master. Excellent wage, benefits and a 3-day weekend make this a very attractive position for a customer service specialist looking for meaningful long-term employment in Whistler.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round, long term position with a stable, well-respected, locally-owned and operated business with over 25 years in Whistler.
- Regular schedule of 4 x 10 hour shifts per week (aka: the 3-day weekend!)
- Easy-going, light-hearted family environment with a long-list of loyal customers.
- Opportunity to learn the Paint Tinting trade from a Master of Paint Mixology with over 20 years of experience.
- Wage ranging from $17-$20/hour based on prior experience with opportunities for increases once training is complete.
- Extended health benefits, 30% product discounts and the Spirit Pass is an option.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Works well as part of the team in a busy and friendly work environment.
- Experience in paint and colour and somewhat artistic.
- 1-2 years of prior retail or customer service experience.
- Has a keen eye that can distinguish the difference between colours in order to tint and colour match paint.
- Fun, friendly and easy going. Gets along with everyone and must love goofy, friendly dogs.
- Great attention to detail and eagerness to learn. Very organized and efficient.
- Ready to commit to learning a specialty trade that can take up to 1 year to master.
- Previous experience in a paint store is an asset, but not required. Training will be provided.
- Physically fit, comfortable with heights and able to repeatedly lift 1-5 gallon pails of paint which weigh up to 60lbs.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with clean driving record.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Key holder, providing excellent service to customers and contractors in a retail paint store.
- Tinting paint, custom colour matching *training can be provided.
- Receiving paint and furniture orders; unpacking and putting orders away .
- Placing paint and supply orders when required.
- Providing support/advice in-person and over the phone to customers and contractors on products and their applications.
- Maintaining customer records of paint colours on file.
- Operating POS system and handling cash register.
- Please ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please email us and give us a quick overview of your qualifications here: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →