A wonderful family-run retail painting business is hiring a Customer Service Rep who they will train to become a Paint Tinting Specialist. This is a rare career opportunity for someone with a keen eye for colours who wants to learn the trade from a Master of Paint Mixology with over 20 years of experience. Excellent wage, benefits and a 3-day weekend make this a very attractive position for a customer service professional looking for meaningful long-term employment.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round, long term position with a stable, well-respected, locally-owned and operated business with over 25 years in Whistler.
- Easy-going, light-hearted family environment with a long-list of loyal customers.
- Regular schedule of 4 x 10 hour shifts per week (aka: the 3-day weekend!)
- Wage range starting at $20/hour for someone with prior paint tinting experience or $17/hour for an customer service rep in training.
- Extended health benefits, 30% product discounts and the Spirit Pass is an option.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Works well as part of the team in a busy and friendly work environment.
- 2-3 years of prior retail and customer service experience.
- Fun, friendly and easy going. Gets along with everyone and must love dogs.
- Great attention to detail and eagerness to learn. Very organized and efficient.
- Ready to commit to learning a complex trade that can take 1 year or longer to master.
- Previous experience in a paint store is an asset, but not required. Training will be provided.
- Physically fit, comfortable with heights and able to repeatedly lift 1-5 gallon pails of paint which weigh up to 60lbs.
- Has a keen eye that can distinguish the difference between colours in order to tint and colour match paint.
- Has a valid Class 5 Driver’s License with clean driving record.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Key holder, providing excellent service to customers and contractors in a retail paint store.
- Tinting paint, custom colour matching *training can be provided.
- Receiving paint and furniture orders; unpacking and putting orders away .
- Placing paint and supply orders when required.
- Providing support/advice in-person and over the phone to customers and contractors on products and their applications.
- Maintaining customer records of paint colours on file.
- Operating POS system and handling cash register.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →