A busy heli-skiing company voted the “World’s Best Heli Ski Operation”, has an opening for a Controller/Accountant to undertake all aspects of financial management including basic bookkeeping responsibilities. Perfect for an experienced and designated Accountant with a wide range of knowledge and skills in corporate accounting. Offering an excellent wage of $80k to $100k per year, flexible work schedule to allow for plenty of play time, and fun, team-oriented office environment.
About the role:
- Full time, year-round long-term career role.
- 40 hours per week with flexibility in scheduling to enjoy the slopes and/or bike park!
- Excellent wage in the range of $80,000 to $100,000 per year based on experience and qualifications.
- Extended health benefits and access to Spirit Pass
- 20 cm rule applies!
- Fun, team-oriented office environment.
- Occasional heli-skiing trip and summer visits to the lodge.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Proven experience in the accounting field preferably in an accounting firm.
- Must have a broad range of experience.
- Advanced degree in Accounting / CPA required.
- Very hands-on and operationally strong with at least 5 years of accounting experience in an accounting firm.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, financial management and planning, budget and forecasting.
- Experience with general ledger functions, month-end/year end close process and creating financial statements.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent team leader with minimum 5 years of supervisory experience and positive energy who is open minded, flexible and approachable.
- A creative problem-solver who enjoys a fast-paced environment and thrives under pressure.
- Has a take charge, ‘make it happen’ approach and will deliver an immediate impact.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all finance and accounting operations including basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Monitor all financial transactions and manage chart of accounts.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budgets, financial statements, and financial forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with all gov’t and industry reporting requirements.
- Aid in analyzing the feasibility of development and expansion opportunities.
- Develop and document a system of accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure accurate reporting to ownership.
- Work with sales team and office administrator to ensure sales revenue is entered properly in the reservations software.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and that all reasonable discounts are taken.
- Financial Risk management.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Manage all Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Prepare and publish timely quarterly financial statements.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Manage and comply with industry and government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manage all out sourced accounting and bookkeeping services.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over all financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting .
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →