A successful building company has relocated their head office to Squamish and is growing fast. The work is all indoors and steady year-round with a set 4-day schedule offering 3 day weekends. You’d be in on the ground floor with a leader in their field. Ideal for and experience carpenter with a positive attitude who is eager to be part of a great team and build a long-term career with a leader in their field.
Excellent wages – your pay scale increases with your skills and experience and guaranteed to match or exceed what you are currently earning.
Try-Before-You-Buy! If you’d like to try a few shifts with this company before you decide if it would be the right fit for you, we can sign you up for a week’s worth of temp shifts with them. Click for more details about this unique opportunity: www.whistler-jobs.com/job/temp-carpenters-squamish
About the Role:
- Year-round, long-term steady work (no seasonal fluctuations)
- Full-time or part-time schedules avail (4x10hr shifts Mon-Thurs or 3x10hr shifts Fri-Sun).
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
- Mostly indoor work (99%) at centrally located factory in Squamish.
- Training and professional development opportunities available and encouraged.
- Offers Red Seal Certification program and will support applications for permanent residency or visa extensions.
- Foreman and senior Red Seal Carpenter positions are also available.
- Comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Wages are negotiable based on experience and offer a 100% wage match guarantee to Squamish residents – they will match your wage in the city or Whistler and save you the commute.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 2-5 years direct experience as a carpenter or carpenter’s apprentice.
- Solid ability to use tools safely; can give basic instruction and supervise others.
- Friendly and helpful attitude. Happy to give direction take ownership of projects.
- Hard working team player who will pitch in where needed to get the job done.
- Physically fit and able to work all day on your feet, hauling materials and heavy loads (45lbs).
- Must have valid driver’s license and transportation to the site.
- Must have own steel toed boots, work belt, safety glasses and ear protection plus basic tools.
Duties / Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with the basic construction of modular homes and outbuildings in an indoor factory.
- Includes carpentry, framing, rough-ins, finishing work, siding, demolitions, shop work, installations, using tools and equipment.
- Installing doors & windows and assisting with painting and roofing.
- Instructing and supervising carpenter assistants and labourers.
- Site cleanup (lots of sweeping), moving and organizing of materials.
- Assisting with manual labour and general construction duties as required.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-905-4194 ext 1 to request an interview.
- Please ensure that we have your resume and professional profile on file at whistler-jobs.com/create-profile (you only need to do this once).
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com