Website Whistler Personnel Solutions
Find your perfect match!
Long-term local Whistler Builder specializing in high-end home builds and renovations is seeking Carpenters to join their crew! Ideal role for the certified tradesman with at least a couple of years experience.
About the Role:
- Seasonal with long-term potential, 40 hours per week.
- Wages will be more than fair and based on experience with increases for hard workers.
- Supervisory position also available.
- Extended medical benefits available to the right candidate.
- The opportunity to build beautiful, high-end homes.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Preferred journeyman (doesn’t need to be a Canadian ticket).
- Has past supervisory experience in a trades environment.
- Ideally have own hand and power tools, steel toed boots & personal protection equipment.
- Well rounded experience in residential renovations & high end home builds.
- Be able to complete tasks in a time frame anticipated of an experienced trades person to the satisfaction of the project manager and site superintendent.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Construct formwork into which concrete is poured.
- Set out an outline of the building on the ground of the site, using string and pegs to allow for excavations.
- Build floors and wall frameworks (timber/concrete/metal), roofs and suspended ceilings and lay timber floors.
- Read plans and specifications to determine the materials required, dimensions and installation processes.
- Erect temporary structures to facilitate construction of buildings.
- Install windows, sashes and doors.
- Construct and erect prefabricated units, such as cottages and houses.
- Cut materials with hand and power tools, and assemble or nail, cut and shape parts.
- Install door handles, locks, hardware, flooring underlay, insulating material and other fixtures.
- Be neat in appearance and workmanship.
- Be knowledgeable and able to implement safety procedures according to Peak Ventures and WorkSafeBC guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe worksite.
- Be able to supervise and delegate work to carpenters’ assistants and labourers that are working with you.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief outline of your job-related experience and skills and let us know why you’d like to be considered.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update after a week or two has past, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org