Whistler Personnel is growing quickly and looking for another fabulous new addition to our team. Our Bookkeeper / Accounts Receivable role is ideal for a bright and customer-oriented bookkeeper who likes a mix of customer service and bean counting responsibility. We offer a flexible schedule including opportunities to work from home.
About the Role:
- Part-time to start with full-time potential down the road (we are growing quickly). Roughly 10-20 hours per week (flexible)
- The role and the successful candidate will grow alongside Whistler Personnel (more hours, added training, increasing responsibilities).
- Schedule requires flexibility and availability to work at least 1 day sometime between Sun-Tuesday each week.
- Very positive, supportive and fun team environment (if we do say so ourselves 🙂
- Opportunities for additional temporary accounting work assignments through-out the year (as many as you can handle!
- Competitive wage starting in the range of $18 – $20/hour and increasing as responsibilities increase (some flexibility for the right candidate).
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 1 year of accounts receivable bookkeeping experience in Quickbooks.
- Personable, an excellent communicator who is great at communicating with clients and team mates.
- Extremely organized and strong administration skills.
- Independent, proactive, efficient and accurate.
- Has own computer with MS Office, cell phone and comfortable home work space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field.
- Working in close collaboration with the President and payroll bookkeeper.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of client billings and payments (A/R) in Quickbooks in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Courteous client invoicing and correspondence including sending out friendly reminders and calling clients when payments are late.
- Working closely with our payroll bookkeeper to ensure that all clients are billed quickly and accurately each week.
- Manage client payments and proactively monitoring cash flows.
- Take responsibility for A/R agings and improve collection times.
- Contributing ideas and recommending process improvements to make the business more effective and efficient for our clients and employees.
- Assist with other general bookkeeping tasks including bank recs and monthly remittances as needed.
- Please send us your information via the our online application using the Apply for job link below (you only need to do this once).
- Take a little extra time to send us a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org that highlights your job-specific qualifications and tells us why you think you would be successful in this role (and don’t forget the attention to detail thing).
- And be sure to tune into www.facebook.com/whistlerpersonnelsolutions/ for updates and to see what we are up to.