A busy locally-owned and operated year-round adventure company has an opening for an Assistant General Manager to oversee their crew and ensure excellent service is offered to their customers this winter and beyond. Flexible schedule with room for time on the slopes and a fun, friendly team plus other perks. This is a great role for someone who enjoys living the Whistler lifestyle to its fullest while also building their career. Ideal for a graduate of an outdoor recreation management program who has been working as a guide or lead hand and is ready for that next level into management.
About the role:
- Full-time, year-round. Minimum 2 year commitment.
- Variety of hours including weekends, holidays and even with some flexibility.
- Background in outdoor recreation or activities management ideal.
- Salary starting in the range of $50,000 based on past experience plus opportunity to earn a generous performance based bonus. Hourly winter contract also considered.
- Fun, friendly youthful team environment, free activities & other perks option for extended health benefits, locally owned & operated (not too corporate).
The Perfect Candidate:
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience with an activity, restaurant or customer service company.
- Post-secondary education in business management or outdoor recreation.
- Excellent customer service skills and history of exceeding guest expectations.
- Skilled at juggling priorities & time-management; calm and level-headed when under pressure.
- Charismatic team leader able to motivate and coach other as well as correct behavior as necessary.
- Action oriented – can think for self, take the initiative and trouble-shoot when challenges arise.
- Occupational first aid or risk management training an asset.
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Computer savvy, comfortable with MS Word and Excel and learning new programs.
- Administratively very strong and organized.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the consistently delivery of excellent customer service and memorable guest experiences.
- Coordinating resources and scheduling tours and guides in accordance to bookings and high business volumes.
- Oversee the operations department and team including the general upkeep of the equipment and facilities.
- Management, supervision, training, motivation and support of the team of about 40 guides.
- Resolve any customer issues that arise professionally even while under pressure.
- Communicate with the ownership and leadership teams.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →