Website Whistler Personnel Solutions
Find a perfect match!
One of Whistler’s longest standing construction services companies has an opening for an Assistant Controller. It’s a full-time, long-term position with very flexible hours in a friendly, easy going office. Perfect for an experienced full-cycle accountant looking to step up into an Asst Controller role for the first time – someone taking their courses and working towards their designation ideally.
About the Role:
- Full-time, Year-round, Permanent.
- Regular office hours, 40 hrs per week.
- Lots of flexibility with the schedule.
- Starting in the range of $23-26/hour depending on years of experience and education.
- Friendly, easy-going office setting with a close-knit team.
The Perfect Candidate:
- At least 2 years of full cycle bookkeeping experience at an Assistant Controller level.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Accounting and finance courses or related degree.
- Organized, great attention to detail; Able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office programs (word and excel)
- Would suit candidate working on their CPA designation.
- Majority of time will be digging in with the A/R, A/P team and a significant amount of data entry.
- Maintain a preparing a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and ensuring that they are followed in the company
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts including required Journals
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Preparing monthly GST and PST returns.
- Cash Flow Management
- Various administrative tasks including contract management of various company services.
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting .
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile →