Join one of Whistler’s largest hotels in this Accounts Receivable Coordinator position. This a great opportunity for someone with strong attention to detail, who loves numbers and wants an entry into the accounting world. Offering advancement and further educational opportunities, extended health benefits, and a life and leisure package.
About the Role:
- Full time, long-term, 40 hours per week working regular office hours (8:30 to 5:00).
- Excellent entry-level career role offering growth and advancement opportunities.
- Educational incentive, great for someone wants to work towards their accounting designation.
- Salaried position based on skills and experience.
- Life and leisure package plus extended health benefits. Discounted monthly gym/swimming pass.
- Hilton Worldwide hotel discounts, food discounts in our outlets, free lunch each day worked.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Preference would be given to candidates with one or more years of experience in Accounting or Hotel Administration role.
- Detail-oriented and ensures accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills to achieve reporting deadlines.
- Knowledge of hotel accounting systems an asset.
- Experience with Excel, Outlook and/ or Adobe Acrobat is an asset.
- Ability to work with clients and co-workers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills a must.
- Experience working with a Property Management System would be beneficial.
- Experience working with financial programs would be beneficial (ex. Oracle, AccPac).
- Coordinator liaises with all departments of the hotel and clients to ensure accurate and timely billing of our services to our tour and group clients.
- Ensure the hotel’s credit policies are adhered to, that accounts receivable are collected within terms and that the hotel’s exposure to bad-debt risk is minimal.
- Reconcile all House Accounts daily & set up new Accounts.
- Process Credit Applications & set up approved Billing Accounts.
- Track, Post and log all Cheque and Wire Payments.
- Research and reply to client Billing Inquiries.
- Investigate all credit card Chargeback Notices from our credit card partners.
- Prepare and send Invoices for tour, third-party and group travel.
- Maintain accurate Group Files for upcoming events through to payment of account; monitor group account whilst in-house.
- Attend weekly Group Resume Meetings.
- Calculate all Group Commission as contracted.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable Aging and telephone/email clients where necessary to collect.
- Month end reporting.
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting .
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-wor →