One of Whistler’s most respected and largest employers has a full-time, year-round opening for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their finance team. Ideal for someone who has accounts receivable experience with strong attention to detail and a passion for numbers that is looking for a new challenge with a progressive and growing company.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round position.
- Competitive wage based on qualifications and experience.
- Approximately 4 team events a year (in the past this has included watching Ice Hockey in Vancouver, Treetop Adventure (TAG), RTV tours, and meals out).
- Spirit Pass is available.
- Access to Corporate Golf membership (Summer).
- 20cm + snow deferred start time rule (until 11am).
- Working with one of the biggest and most exciting teams in town.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Some experience in accounts payable/receivable with strong attention to detail and a passion for numbers.
- Experience with accounting software (SAGE 300 preferred).
- Proficient in data entry and management.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, self-starter who can ask questions where necessary and be willing to take on new tasks within the finance function when necessary.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Primarily responsible for all data entry and record keeping of Accounts Payable for several venues.
- Record supplier invoices into Accounting Software and ensure accurate recording of detailed invoices.
- Use initiative to flag and investigate any unusual invoices, prices or duplicate items.
- Responsible for obtaining approval for all invoices.
- Act as primary contact for communication with suppliers and take responsibility for responding to supplier queries sent to the payables e-mail.
- Use experience to offer suggestions for improvements in process.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Prepare electronic transfers and cheques for review and approval.
- Complete bank deposit log, deliver cheques to bank, collect post, and ad hoc finance tasks where necessary.
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting .
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →