One of Whistler’s most respected and largest employers has a full-time, year-round opening for an Accountant to join their finance team. Ideal for a designated, hands-on accountant with at least 2 years of related experience that is looking for a new challenge with a progressive and growing company.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round position
- Schedule is Monday to Friday 9 to 5ish with some flexibility
- Salary will be competitive based on experience (open to negotiation)
- Excellent perks and benefits including working with one of the biggest and most fun teams in town.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years of related hands-on accounting experience.
- CPA designation very beneficial but would consider a candidate with considerable relevant experience.
- Good leadership skills including a proven ability to train, coach and mentor junior staff.
- Careful attention to detail, high quality of work and impeccable organization skills.
- Self-starter – ability to jump into the middle of problems and obtain effective results.
- Ability to make decisions in conjunction with multiple stakeholders.
- Works easily and well with others and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tactful and discreet when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong computer skills particularly in the use of Excel, Sage 300c, AccPac, Optimum (ideally)
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Supporting Finance leadership in day to day operations including coaching/mentoring Junior Accountants & Cash Auditors.
- Hand on day-to-day accounting role including monthly preparation & analysis of financial statements.
- Preparation of year end working papers for all businesses.
- Monthly completion & review of Balance Sheets for all businesses.
- Weekly AP/AR/Liquor inventory entry.
- Local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Upholding company Core Values.
- Weekly meetings with operations management regarding budgets, pricing, cost levers and general analysis of maximizing revenues & minimizing costs.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →