One of the Whistler’s high-end full-service hotels has a position available for a certified chef or line cook year-round. A part-time and a full-time position is available with shifts starting at 3pm. Ride all morning, work in the evenings and enjoy the Whistler lifestyle.
About the role:
- Part-time or full-time, 3-5 days a week
- Work with a fun team and learn from a highly qualified and acclaimed Head Chef.
- Newly renovated 5 star fine dining restaurant, busy bistro and lounge.
- Afternoon shifts starting at 3pm allow for maximum time to enjoy the hill.
- Wage range staring in the range of $20-25/hour based on experience and certifications plus tip pool, long-term benefits, end of season bonus.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Cook and prep for a casual bistro and fine dining restaurant in a high-end hotel.
- Create new menu items for daily and nightly specials
- Maintain a clean, neat and presentable appearance, especially in view of guests
- Proper use and knowledge of all foodstuffs, equipment, chemicals, and procedures
- Maintain high personal standards; Wear proper attire and work in a safe, clean, efficient organized manner
- To assume responsibility of the efficient and timely operation of the kitchen and banquet lines in the absence of the Chef, chef de cuisine or the Sous chef
- Oversee work done by other junior members of the kitchen staff under your direction while on shift
- Maintain and enforce the highest standards of quality, service, and appearance of food items that leave the kitchen (including staff meals)
- Maintain consistency of appearance and quality of all menu items
- Work in a timely manner as much as is humanly possible and be cognizant of the importance of every food item served to every client
- Maintain peace and harmony in the kitchen with regard to staff interaction
- Work with a helpful, team-spirited attitude towards service staff, dishwashers and other co-workers
- Communicate between shifts and with supervisors to ensure adequate product levels and consistent food quality
- Be aware of proper rotation of all food stuffs and help with storage of incoming product
- Work with stewarding, kitchen and front-end staff to maintain high standards of cleanliness and proper storage of items and proper closedown procedures
The Perfect Candidate:
- 2-3 years’ experience plus working toward or in a full apprenticeship. Journeyman papers an asset.
- Adequate knowledge of hygiene, sanitation and proper food handling skills.
- Able to work with others and provide guidance by example
- Must have basic supervisory or lead-hand skills
- Maintain a calm and cool demeanor in stressful working conditions
- Work efficiently in a non- supervised environment
- Work within the framework of the Events, Banquet/Wedding Buffets and Restaurant needs and demands
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →